Date: 17th June at 3:07 pm
We are running this one day course on Friday 23rd June and have places available. This course covers all the usual first aid subjects, but from a boating perspective. It is aimed at anyone who goes afloat, whether on inland waters, rivers, estuaries or on longer passages.
In a medical emergency, a little first aid knowledge and immediate action can save lives, especially in remote locations. This one-day course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft and to support skippers.
The course is recommended by the MCA and HSE.
The subjects specific to boating include:
- the recovery position in a confined space
- CPR, including the drowning protocol
- cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
- seasickness and dehydration
- medical assistance or advice by VHF
- helicopter rescue
Let me know if this is of interest and you would like more information. As always discount is available for navigators! Email jules at rusailing.com